We're currently NOT accepting new users. Please see our announcement here for more information.

Is A Feedback System Needed On This Site?

Bug Reports, Suggestions & Help
pink floyd
Banned User
Banned User

Is A Feedback System Needed On This Site?

Post by pink floyd » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:28 pm

I was just wondering if the Mods have ever considered using some sort of Feedback/Credit system similar to ebay?

The thought just came to me reading the Shamrock Rovers v Real Madrid thread. There's a couple of people that have offered to sell tickets there and they have resisted the temptation to cash in.

I think when someone gets rid of a ticket here they should maybe be given a point and it increases each time they sell a ticket.

Just a thought, anyone have any views?

Edit, I should have posted this in the "Technical Forum" :oops:

gary
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: Is A Feedback System Needed On This Site?

Post by gary » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Yup, it is most definetly needed!

I am currently working on installing a thanks mod to the site, this will allow people to thank users for their efforts. It's not exactly what I want but it will do for the time being.

We have an idea in the works of a reward system but it has changed and changed over the months so we havent settled on an exact solution!

pink floyd
Banned User
Banned User

Post by pink floyd » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:20 pm

Thats good to hear.

When I see the amount of people trying to get rid of tickets, in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "If they could make a profit would they be giving them away at face value".

It's refreshing to see decent people not trying to cash in.

Scatterbrain
Here years
Here years

Post by Scatterbrain » Mon May 23, 2011 10:41 pm

I know this thread is kind of out of date now, but I think it fits in here.

There used to be like a review tab where people would comment when they had gotten tickets from someone successfully, is that gone now? It was good to be able to see a history of past sales/purchases so you knew if you were safe enough.

Thanks

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by toast » Tue May 24, 2011 1:04 am

Not sure what you are thinking of but I don't believe that feature ever existed on this website. The closest you could get is to search a users past posts under their profile.
Site Admin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

georgiecasey
Here years
Here years

Post by georgiecasey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:02 am

This site runs forum software so unless someone codes a custom ticket swap web app, you're stuck with forum software. So be grateful for what's here!

dylankop
Here years
Here years

Post by dylankop » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:35 pm

I was just thinking a feedback system would be perfect, and then saw it on the forum, don't think it would be possible but i believe its what the forum needs.

walter sobchak
Here years
Here years

Post by walter sobchak » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi Toast / Mods,

Was just wondering if anything ever changed in the newer forum software to resurrect this idea?

From a quick Google, it seems there is an add on for phpBB that allows such a system..

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by toast » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback which is something we don't get as often as we should.

To answer your question. We try to avoid Phpbb mods as we have a few custom edits to templates already so when we install mods we need to make sure everything works OK and then when the next version of phpbb comes out it all breaks again as we wait for mod writers to update their mods.

So far we've noticed that when it comes down to it most people do not look at the registration or post count of people which are ways of seeing how established someone is as long as they claim to have the tickets they want. The instances where there have been fraud it has always been brand new accounts created for just that purpose. I could look into creating a ranking system based on posts / registration date so that older/more active users have a visual representation to make it more obvious they're more established which I think might be more effective and I believe is a feature that is part of phpbb.

In the last while just keeping the site running thanks to our problems with Digiweb and migrating to a Virtual Machine environment (which involved creating an entire hosting setup) has meant we're kinda spent at the moment and we also want to make sure that our site performance is as good or better than before so changing code is off the table for a while but once things stabilise I'll be looking into making a few changes.
Site Admin.

walter sobchak
Here years
Here years

Post by walter sobchak » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Toast...
Toutless is a fantastic resource - thanks for all the good work.

mdoug
Here years
Here years

Post by mdoug » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Just on this, just had a horrendous conversation with someone that I offered a ticket to because they seemed to like the band and I have never heard of them. After I offered the ticket they stopped replying, then replied saying that they would offer me €20 for it when the cover was 30.40
I didn't think this site was a haggling place so was pretty annoyed by the entirety of the conversation to be honest

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by toast » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Feel free to report the person for that as it is against our rules (see #8). We usually don't ban outright for it but if we get multiple complaints on the same person doing the same thing they'll be banned.
Site Admin.

mdoug
Here years
Here years

Post by mdoug » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 am

I'm new sorry, how do I report this

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by toast » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:50 pm

You can send me a pm with the details.
Site Admin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT