We're currently NOT accepting new users. Please see our announcement here for more information.

User feedback

Bug Reports, Suggestions & Help
jonc42
Here years
Here years

User feedback

Post by jonc42 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:52 pm

Lads first off, congratulations on a brilliant site. It's been a lifesaver for me over the last few years. Great to deal with actual music fans.
I've had a couple of hairy remote transactions over the last couple of weeks, both of which have turned out fine but it struck me while in the throes of uncertainty how useful it would be to be able to check somebody's feedback from previous exchanges. Would probably involve a lot of work but with more and more transactions taking place remotely it would provide a bit more peace of mind.

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

User feedback

Post by toast » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.

We've considered this in the past but the problem basically is that it is possible to game such a system with relative ease. This is a problem that plagues sites such as Amazon and Ebay who have vastily greater resources than us for dealing with this sort of thing. In the event of someone faking feedback we feel that having feedback might lead to people both trusting the feedback over their own common sense and also potentially blaming us because the feedback effectively was signing off on a user.

As we remove accounts if we ever receive a valid complaint about a user we decided a better indication is time on the site which will show a user has been part of the community for a long period without complaint. This is not a 100% guarantee either but to game the system would require setting up accounts years in advance (and whenever we spot a dodge person we look for multiple accounts they may have registered so they'd lose ALL accounts they may have prepared in this situation.).

We'll keep on looking into ways to potentially verify people while also trying to keep the site free to use. If you ever do feel strange about an interaction please reach out to us and we will investigate as much as possible.
Site Admin.