We're currently NOT accepting new users. Please see our announcement here for more information.

Idea

Bug Reports, Suggestions & Help
macker
Here years
Here years
Location: I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me

Idea

Post by macker » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:00 am

Wanted to post this on the advertisement post but that was locked, didn't know where else to put it.
The advertising probably isn't gonna bring in much revenue (maybe it will... I'm not up to speed on these things) but ...
How about setting up a donation page thru PayPal or something for the site.
Chances are... people generally use this site to...
(a) buy tickets for a sold out gig (which can cost double and triple on other sites)
(b) get tickets for a gig that's nowhere near sold out for cheaper than face value
(c) sell tickets that could otherwise be wasted or given away.

Essentially you are saving people money.
I'd happily donate the price of a pint (even if your local is an expensive one) every time I use the site. And I'm not even that charitable - I haven't done by ice bucket challenge ... Yet. And I'm also not donating an electric picnic ticket :)

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: Idea

Post by toast » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Haha thanks for the feedback. I think it is something we'll probably look at. We're not terribly short. I think we've come to terms we'll not be the next Facebook but the longer we can be self sustaining the better.
Site Admin.

Marys Man

Post by Marys Man » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Great idea - I'll take free tickets, t-shirts, mugs - anything really! :D

gary
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by gary » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah a donation drive is something I'll be looking at soon enough, we've got plans for a site redesign and I'm hoping people will give us a hand out. €1 off each of the 50,000 members would do just nicely ;)

We've only marginally dropped below running costs at the moment so it's nothing to worry about. Ads have always been minimal on this site so a few more Google boxes really won't make a difference.
Site Founder.
Follow the Toutless Facebook for updates on tickets and events!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT