We're currently NOT accepting new users. Please see our announcement here for more information.

Is Selling Tickets to Irish Concerts Possible for a North American?

Announcements and Discussions
maidenhaven
Here over six months
Here over six months

Post by maidenhaven » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:17 am

Hello everyone,

I apologize in advance for my foreign understandings of things or naivety about certain topics. I’m from the USA and had planned a trip to both Ireland & the UK to see some Iron Maiden & Peter Gabriel shows.

Unfortunately, I’ve lost my passport and need to sell my tickets for this weekend’s Dublin shows.

I’m finding it extremely challenging & almost impossible to find out how to sell the Dublin tickets.

I was redirected here from the Ireland subreddit after reaching out to other places.

Of all the website I’ve tried, only Ticketmaster and TicketSwap have the shows even included on their website, and I can’t use the former because USA bank accounts don’t qualify & the latter because the tickets are mobile transfer-only.

Was wondering if it is even possible for someone from North America to sell their mobile tickets to an Irish concert? And if so, any tips or tricks that could potentially help resolve the stalemate I’m in of not being able to list them?

Many thanks 🙏

NOTE: Obviously I am just seeking the "face value" that I paid for the tickets, nothing more. Even willing to sell at a loss. Just would love to know about how to go about it. Thanks again

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by toast » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:02 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear you won't make your trip.

The Ticketmaster resale is the only official endorsed website to do both the transfers and payments. Ticketswap is a third party offering an escrow service they run themselves. In that regards they differ from Toutless.

Toutless puts people in touch with each other but we do not offer a payment service or any escrow services which means you need to arrange payment and transfer with the person you sell to. This allows you more freedom than the other options in this situation but you will need to find someone who is happy to take a chance on you and vice versa as we can't assist if there are any problems as the transaction is purely between you and the buyer. Our general advice is not to use the site if you can not meet someone in person or have someone meet on your behalf.

If you can not do this and understand the risk the popular forms of remote payment in Ireland are an online bank called Revolut or Paypal. You could possibly do bank transfer as well but international bank transfer usually has some costs associated.

If your tickets are digital you should be able transfer them from your Ticketmaster account to the email address of the person you sold them to. Please make sure this transfer option exists before you list your tickets as Ticketmaster do disable it on occasion. If they are not digital you will need to send them via post and it is advisable to use registered post for this purpose. You'd need to leave a reasonable time period to make sure the delivery happens in time.

Hopefully that helps.
Alan.
Site Admin.