We're currently NOT accepting new users. Please see our announcement here for more information.

Buying QR scanned tickets ( ticketmaster)

Announcements and Discussions
mikekerry
Here years
Here years

Post by mikekerry » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi,
A person is selling me tickets but they are QR barcoded tickets from ticketmaster.
There is no option to print the tickets or transfer them to me ( sometimes there is an option on ticketmaster to transfer tickets but not for this concert).
I suppose the only option is to go along with the person to the gig and go in with them?
thanks

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by toast » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:19 am

What event is this for? I'm aware that Ticketmaster are offering mobile tickets for some events but they should be transferable via email.
Site Admin.

mikekerry
Here years
Here years

Post by mikekerry » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:04 am

Richard Ashcroft. there doesn't seem to be an option to transfer.
I was looking at this link and people don't seem to be too impressed with this method of ticket type.
Seems to be very difficult to transfer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6fGV0Z5_EM

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by toast » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:23 am

There is nothing on the event page on Ticketmaster to say there is a restriction transfering tickets.

I haven't used this sort of ticket from ticketmaster yet so haven't seen what can be done with them. It appears to be based on the Passbook system which I have used for cinema tickets etc and there is usually a file that can be moved that contains the tickets somewhere. There's a ticketmaster customer services response saying that there should be an option to import into passbook. It might allow sharing from there (it claims this is only available on Apple though I've used passbook tickets on Android so not sure what limitations they believe there are or why). This is TM US too which might be different.

In theory simply screenshotting the QR code and displaying the image on the night should work too.

Ultimately though I can't say for sure there won't be problems if you don't use the Ticketmaster app and it seems a bit odd there isn't a transfer option. Perhaps TM customer services can advise (approach them as my brother bought this as a xmas present for me.. what do I do? as you might get more help than saying you are trying to buy tickets off someone on the Internet. :) )

Let us know how you get on.
Site Admin.

mikekerry
Here years
Here years

Post by mikekerry » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 pm

HI,
I rang TM, they said the best option is to ring them up and cancel the original tickets and get new tickets issued out in the post.
Otherwise use the logon details of the buyers TM account to access the event.
I am going with the first option.

vanden
Here years
Here years

Post by vanden » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Ring TM and get physical tickets posted out, you can email them but they take weeks to respond and you need to make contact 30 days before the event.