We're currently NOT accepting new users. Please see our announcement here for more information.

Ten years of Toutless

Announcements and Discussions
toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Ten years of Toutless

Post by toast » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm

The first step in making this site started ten years ago today when the toutless.com domain was registered. At the time the plan was quite a bit different to what we ended up with. Site development began in February '08 with a public launch in April '08.

A huge thanks for all the help to the many people over the years who've given their time and skills to making this possible. All involved work on the site in their spare time and with no compensation so this is a true sacrifice for something they believe in.

Also of course a big thanks to our users. Without people willing to believe in a fair shake for fans this would be all for nowt.

I didn't really anticipate still doing this ten years later and in a way it would be nice if we didn't have to be but as long as there is a need for the site and a demand for it we'll keep plugging away.

If you've any stories from the last ten years of using the site you want to share feel free to do so below.
Site Admin.

optimistic
Here years
Here years

Re: Ten years of Toutless

Post by optimistic » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:03 am

I know this is an old post but only having a proper nose around the other parts outside of event tickets for the first time

I remember one of yous handing out toutless flyers at the olympia after some gig and getting hunted away by touts. Great to see them with the fear in them

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: Ten years of Toutless

Post by toast » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:29 pm

hahaha I think that was Gary. He tried to give one of them a flyer.
Site Admin.

mllepiggyx
Here years
Here years

Ten years of Toutless

Post by mllepiggyx » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:56 am

No stories, just good memories thanks to toutless I got the chance to see artists I would have otherwise missed. Looking forward to the next 10 years and I,m always interested in Billybragg, Willy and Lukasnelson :P