We're currently NOT accepting new users. Please see our announcement here for more information.

Worst concert?

Announcements and Discussions
jackseg
Here years
Here years

Re: Worst concert?

Post by jackseg » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:33 pm

I was on that concert too (Bloc Party and The Killers) at Marlay Park. I have to say that it was probabely the worst concert that I have ever seen. Bands were not to bad, but that stinking mud, mixed with mouldy straws made such odour that I couldnt concetrate on music. It wasn't Woodstock but STABLE. :(

gadgetboy
Here years
Here years

Post by gadgetboy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:55 pm

Worst concert would have to be 30 Seconds to Mars in the Ambassador back in January.
Doors opened an hour late, then when 30 STM finally came on they only played for about half an hour. They were too serious and seemed uninterested. And then I had everyone telling me how much better the midnight show was! Absolute waste of 30 euro.

Mushy
Here years
Here years

Post by Mushy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:48 am

jackseg wrote:I was on that concert too (Bloc Party and The Killers) at Marlay Park. I have to say that it was probabely the worst concert that I have ever seen. Bands were not to bad, but that stinking mud, mixed with mouldy straws made such odour that I couldnt concetrate on music. It wasn't Woodstock but STABLE. :(
Ha, that was the last of the gigs there last year, and with Metallica the day before, obviously gonna be mucky. Place was destroyed after Muse, and with the weather at the time, I'm surprised it went ahead. My friend went to this, and now even see's the light and kinda hates the Killers

Starlight
Here years
Here years

Post by Starlight » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:51 pm

jackseg wrote:I was on that concert too (Bloc Party and The Killers) at Marlay Park. I have to say that it was probabely the worst concert that I have ever seen. Bands were not to bad, but that stinking mud, mixed with mouldy straws made such odour that I couldnt concetrate on music. It wasn't Woodstock but STABLE. :(
Christ ya the stench was unbearable that day, although I did forget about it when the bands were on.

iamthe43
Here years
Here years

Post by iamthe43 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:09 am

the worst concert i was ever at....now thats a tough one cos ive been to some sh!t concerts in my time so I think its time to catagorize.

-worst atmosphere: Pearl Jam, Sydney, December 2007

-worst sound: Rage Against The Machine, Oxegen, 2008

-my worst f*ck up: Kerbdog, Whelans, December 2007 ( i missed the bus and arrived during their last song, after travelling from sligo)

-poorly organised gig's: Oxegen

-worst injuries sustained at a gig: Foo Fighters, Marley Park, August 2007(two front teeth kicked in during their second song)

so overall, the worst gig ive ever been at, would probably have to be 0xegen 2008

APHEX_TWIN
Banned User
Banned User

Post by APHEX_TWIN » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:55 pm

rage at oxegen?? why the sound was fine i thought except for when it cut out lol

i think slane 2009, oasis was the worst perfomance i've ever seen, just sooo boring!

sparrowcar
Here years
Here years

Post by sparrowcar » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 am

Velvet revolver in the old point a few years back.

Pure shite! :roll:

docdolittle
Here years
Here years

Post by docdolittle » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Hmm... worst.... would have to be that really bad support band for greenday.... prima-donna, really shite! :P

For sound quality, the second stage for this years download fest in England was really bad, the prodigy sounded awful and we had to push our way into papa roach to hear him properly

saarsteiner
Here years
Here years

Post by saarsteiner » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:03 pm

eric clapton at malahide castle last summer - only reason i didn't demand a refund was that I was right up at the front and so could hear the music...from the stage monitors when the entire PA system & big screen cut out - for the majority of the gig! it was really quite shocking.

pixies in the olympia a few weeks back were technically very good, sound was in proper order but darn-all interaction, not much of an atmosphere.

rebeldiamond
Here years
Here years

Post by rebeldiamond » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:30 am

jackseg wrote:I was on that concert too (Bloc Party and The Killers) at Marlay Park. I have to say that it was probabely the worst concert that I have ever seen. Bands were not to bad, but that stinking mud, mixed with mouldy straws made such odour that I couldnt concentrate on music. It wasn't Woodstock but STABLE. :(
yeah, i would agree with a lot of that, I had seen The Killers at Oxegen the summer before, was up in the pit, and it was amazing, and as I am a fan, i couldnt wait to see them put on their own show at Marley Park, but like you, the state of the place made it very hard to concentrate and the atmosphere wasnt great there... the band also flew through the gig, so i did feel quite disappointed afterwards.....

Doogieboogie
Here years
Here years

Post by Doogieboogie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 am

saarsteiner wrote:eric clapton at malahide castle last summer - only reason i didn't demand a refund was that I was right up at the front and so could hear the music...from the stage monitors when the entire PA system & big screen cut out - for the majority of the gig! it was really quite shocking.

pixies in the olympia a few weeks back were technically very good, sound was in proper order but darn-all interaction, not much of an atmosphere.
Yeah, I was at that, it was appaling. I just got drunk.

KOL at Oxegen this year were pure crap as well - weather was atrocious, and they were there in body only - can't believe I hung around in the rain all day for that.

Hoggie
Here years
Here years

Post by Hoggie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Got free tickets for The Black Eyed Peas in Dublin Castle a few years ago. Pure muck.

Yemrot
Here years
Here years

Post by Yemrot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Bluezar wrote:The Fratellis the last two years at Oxegen..
Must be the worst live band I've ever heard!!!!!!

I was actually hoping they would be good in 08 but they just didnt seem interested or talented for that matter! Luckily rage were amazing and all was not lost!

greenspur
Here years
Here years

Post by greenspur » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:55 pm

bob dylan in Nowlan Pk Kilkenny (07 or 08?) Terrible, terrible. He sat behind the band at a piano for the whole gig ! no interaction at all, no screens, and no interest! People just sat down and were talking and drinking! waste of time and money....

Sex pistols @ Electric Picnic 09 (?) embaressing ! The cringe worthy attempts by Johhny sellout to be all punky,was laughable...

BlueHefner
Here years
Here years

Post by BlueHefner » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Hoggie wrote:Got free tickets for The Black Eyed Peas in Dublin Castle a few years ago. Pure muck.

Why would you possibly want to get tickets for the Black Eyed Peas in the first place? Lol

5redmond5
Here years
Here years

Post by 5redmond5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Bob Dylan in the 02.... was a very expensive concert and it ended up being a horrible concert. i was very dissappointed with the night.

Runespawn
Here years
Here years

Post by Runespawn » Sun May 13, 2012 7:47 am

np
Last edited by Runespawn on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eoinf
Here years
Here years

Post by eoinf » Sun May 20, 2012 8:06 pm

editors in the olympia , good knows when maybe 2005/6

rubbish sound, crap audience and the bar was closed!!!

RobbieTheRobber
Here years
Here years

Post by RobbieTheRobber » Sun May 27, 2012 3:25 pm

U2 in Croke park

Fuckin shite and they ruined the croke park pitch.

I got the tickets for free and feel like i paid too much.

stan smith
Here years
Here years

Post by stan smith » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 pm

kiss in the o2 a few years back unbieleveably bad!!!wanted to slap gene simmons he was such a twat.two hrs of my life i'll never get back :cry:

beeforsam
Here years
Here years

Post by beeforsam » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 pm

seamusoboyle wrote:Any gig I ever went to at Marley Park. Damp horrible muddy ripoff excuse for a sad venue with 1hour walkin/1 hour walkout from somewhere/nowhere close to the Dublin mountains. Ripoff Ireland at its best... If they brought Elvis back from the dead using his DNA you could'nt drag be out there.
+1 kip of a venue

Mrs Reina
Here years
Here years

Post by Mrs Reina » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Madonna in Slane

BubblegumBitch
Here years
Here years

Post by BubblegumBitch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Cheryl Cole (Oct 2012). It was really good and enjoyable, actually. But for someone who's sold million's of records and is considered a huge star, the show was rather mediocre. She only did 14 songs too?! I went to see The Saturdays in December '11. The album the tour supported only sold about 40K in all, but they still did an arena tour and performed a whopping 21 songs. Saying that, though, Cheryl's vocals and choreography were always on point. I just wish she did more. So out of the people I've seen live, she was the worst.

Runespawn
Here years
Here years

Post by Runespawn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:04 pm

beeforsam wrote:
seamusoboyle wrote:Any gig I ever went to at Marley Park. Damp horrible muddy ripoff excuse for a sad venue with 1hour walkin/1 hour walkout from somewhere/nowhere close to the Dublin mountains. Ripoff Ireland at its best... If they brought Elvis back from the dead using his DNA you could'nt drag be out there.
+1 kip of a venue
+2 - Metallica in 2008 was a forgettable experience between traffic, the performance and €75 dropped for the ticket.

ynwa-jan
Here years
Here years

Post by ynwa-jan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Mrs Reina wrote:Madonna in Slane
yep have to say she was pure shite..and also britney spears ,for entertainment it was great show but she cant sing live..

Dolittle77
Here years
Here years

Post by Dolittle77 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:10 pm

I think The Lemonheads in The Academy a couple of years ago deserve a mention here. They were playing It's A Shame About Ray in full. Evan played 5 or 6 of his own song first. Raced through them. Fine no one cared too much. Then on to the album and raced through it too. Half the crowd were there because they loved it growing up. There was no time for the crowd to even clap or get into the show at all. It was 'hey, thanks for the money and we off'

Oasis in 95 at Slane, when supporting REM, they was dreadful. They never changed in my eyes.

gerocks
Here years
Here years

Post by gerocks » Mon May 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Queen Adreena (supporting Foo Fighters) in The Olympia in 2000-ish.
Worst.live.band.ever.

Closely followed by Glasvegas (supporting U2) in Croke Park around 2008-ish.
Terrible sound did them zero favours.