We're currently NOT accepting new users. Please see our announcement here for more information.

Help with the sports forum.

Old sports tickets

Moderators: Edser, just the ticket

Forum rules
  1. NO selling tickets for over cost price.
  2. NO offering more than cost price for tickets
  3. DO NOT POST phone numbers or email addresses in your listing.
    Once a deal has been made on the thread you can use the "pm" feature to exchange contact details.
[/color][/b]
BY USING THE SITE YOU ARE DEEMED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LINKED HERE

We would love to find out how you found out about toutless.com. Pop over to this thread and let us know!
toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Help with the sports forum.

Post by toast » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Lately we've been getting more and more sports traffic but we don't really have the expertise to provide the same quality of moderating as we do to the music side of things. We've already one moderator(mod) minding the sports forum but as things grow this isn't enough. So to try and get things back on track we're asking for help in a couple of different ways and if anyone can provide it would help improve the sports forum for everyone.

Firstly, we're looking for anyone who is interested in helping out with moderating the sports forum.

As a mod you'd be in charge of trying to keep things as clear and easy to use as possible. This usually means merging topics (so there isnt 18 Everton topics for example) and making sure no one attempts to break any of the rules. We need someone who is familiar with how ticketing for several sporting events work but Football and Rugby would be the most important. We would prefer someone who has access to the net for a large portion of the day but if youd be in a position to check 4 times a day with 4 hour intervals (roughly) that would probably work. It's a voluntary non paying job and we'd understand that any real life commitments would come before it. It is not glamorous and at times it will be down right frustrating and your only reward will be knowing you've helped create an environment that is tout free for fans of sports to use.

If any of that sounds like you drop myself or gary a pm with a small paragraph on why you feel youd be good for the job and include any forum modding experience you've had in the past if any.

Secondly, I am looking to create an information repository for how to legitimately buy various types of sporting tickets.

It appears theres more option than just ticketmaster and for a lot of people it can be quite confusing. From what I can figure theres several fan clubs as well as legitimate ticket reselling sites for fans around the net. This would be something everyone could add to but I'd need a good start for this and its probably easiest to start with Football so if anyone feels they've a good general knowledge of where tickets go for the various leagues and clubs and wants to write a piece on it drop me a pm and we'll talk about the best format for it (we could do it as a wikipedia type thing or just use the board here or a seperate website etc.).

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out and thanks to those whove already helped out. The better organised the community the more people will use it and the more chance for fairly priced tickets for all users so the benefits will be felt by everyone.

I'll leave this topic open for general suggestions of what we can do to improve the sports forum.

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: Help with the sports forum.

Post by toast » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Please join me in welcoming NinjaSkrtel and username00 to the mod team who together with Leppie are going to be helping out with the sports forum. Things have got a bit wild in the past so hopefully we'll get things back on track and easier to use for everyone.

gary
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by gary » Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am

Cheers for stepping up and helping us out with this guys, much appreciated :)

NinjaSkrtel
Here years
Here years

Post by NinjaSkrtel » Fri May 01, 2009 1:04 pm

No worries-happy to help ;) :)

toast
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by toast » Mon May 03, 2010 2:22 pm

username00 is hanging up his mod boots so if anyone is interested in modding let me know. A special thanks to username00 for his help in the past.
Site Admin.